Technology is changing the lives of everyone. Through teaching computing at Aughton Junior Academy we equip our children to participate in a rapidly changing world where work and leisure activities are increasingly transformed by technology. It is our intention to enable children to find, explore, analyse, exchange and present information. We also focus on developing the skills necessary for children to be able to use information in an effective way. Computing skills are a major factor in enabling children to be confident, creative and independent learners and it is our intention that children have every opportunity available to allow them to achieve this.
- The aims of Computing at Aughton Junior Academy and our progress of skills within each milestone aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Confident in using code and can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including logic, algorithms and data representation
- When coding, pupils can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- Effectively communicate and can evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- Able to connect with others responsibly and are competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology