Vision and Values
At Aughton Junior Academy we aim to create a nurturing school community which prepares children educationally, socially, morally and physically for their continuing learning journey, where doors will be opened rather than closed to future success. We foster a culture of equality and aspiration and aim to remove disadvantage so that every child believes in themselves and reach their full potential.
Aughton nurtures its pupils by:
- Providing a safe, happy academy in which pastoral care is given high priority by dedicated staff;
- Expecting and promoting the highest standards of behaviour;
- Giving children an excellent, secure start to their school experience in our FS2 class and establishing positive relationships with parents;
- Developing a strong sense of community and pride, with a “family feel” to the school.
Aughton encourages its pupils to excel by:
- Striving for the highest possible standards of achievement across a broad, well-planned curriculum;
- Using the extensive school grounds and performing arts to stimulate a love of learning in all children;
- Being inclusive and committed to providing for individual children’s needs;
- Ensuring that staff are given opportunities to continue their own learning and to share quality practice with other professionals;
Aughton inspires its pupils to become independent learners by:
- Fostering a willingness to take risks and to persevere in new learning situations;
- Celebrating individual strengths, talents and progress;
- Promoting respectful attitudes and encouraging them to have a voice in the running of the school.